Thursday, November 13, 2008

Craft crazy and a funny FUNNY story...

I'll tell you the funny story first:

Today Littleman's preschool had a puppet show on recycling.  All the three year olds participated - which means, my class and Littleman's class were present, along with ALL the teachers I've been working alongside since September.  Before the show began, the presenter gave a little talk about what things can and can't be recycled.  She held up a newspaper, an apple juice bottle, and then a can of hairspray.  She asks the children, "Do any of your mommies use hairspray? Or your daddies use shaving cream?"

Little kids all around the room are murmuring a collective, "Yesss," when I hear Littleman from across the room pipe up, loud and clear, "MY mom uses shaving cream." 

Yep.  That's what I get for letting my son take a shower with me when I need to shave my underarms.  (Sorry, was that TMI?) 

As for the crafts, I have been craft CRAZY.  Little man and I have been making turkeys and Indian corn like its our job.

And, here's what I am most proud of.  I got the idea from a catalog and knew I could make it myself.  It's an advent calendar so Littleman can SEE how many days until Christmas.  I'd be happy to make one for you...for 10 bucks - simply because it takes so long to cut out all the "balls."  I also painted a little "treasure" box to store the balls - and velcro strips so you can see all the numbers clearly. 

 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment: