Sunday, November 9, 2008

So this is weird...

Forty-five minutes ago, the father of Littleman's best buddy at preschool called and asked if Littleman wanted to come over and play for an hour or so.  They live four minutes away, so I said, "Sure, we'll be right over."  When I got there, every one was all smiles,the boys literally giddy at the sight of each other outside of school, and then the mom said, "Does Littleman have any food allergies? No? Okay, well, we'll see you around 5:30."  She has an older son, so I think the "drop off" playdate is nothing out of the ordinary for her, but this is Littleman's first "big boy" kind of playdate.  Also, it was totally unexpected.

Now, of course there was much more dialogue, but you get the idea.  I've met the mom multiple times and I spend two days a week with her son and daughter who are both in Littleman's class.  They live just down the road, so I feel safe leaving him there.  It's just so strange...to have this hour and a half FREE.  Hmm...I think I'll go see what Papabear is up to. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment