Monday, November 24, 2008

Sweet little happiness...

So I am babysitting the two children of a friend.  Ava is outside in the back playing with Littleman, I am watching them through the window and listening to their hilarious three-year-old banter.  Ava's little brother, Sutton, is asleep on a blanket on the living room floor.  He fell asleep in my arms...he must be around 6 or 7 months old.  I forgot to ask.  I remembered to ask how much formula and when, emergency numbers, nap and diaper details, and where's the extra change of clothes.  Anyway, this adorable, warm bundle of fleece-covered boy has been smiling and cooing at me for the better part of an hour.  He fussed a little when I put him in the bouncy seat to help the older ones with an art project. (What was I thinking letting them use glitter???????)  Once the kids moved on to markers and crayons, I cradled the little guy and he just fell asleep on my shoulder.  It's been such a long, long time since my shoulder had that honor.  Littleman and Ava are playing so nicely I almost can't believe it.  I am waiting for the alien to burst out of his stomach or one of their heads to explode.  Well...I'll keep my fingers crossed...uh oh...the little bundle is stirring.

Such a sweet little happiness...my house full of happy children.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment