Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Puking Peanut Butter

That was me yesterday.

We started out great.  I got up early and was on time to the gym for my first workout in two weeks.  Even Littleman seemed happy to be getting back to our routine.  I worked out a little too hard and ended up with a bit of a headache.

We then met up with Papabear's mom and sister.  We took them to our new house.  OH, did I forget to mention that???  Long story short, we found a really great house.  Papabear is sick of renting and resigned to the fact that we are going to be in Texas for a few years, so no more renting for us!  Closing in hopefully 30 days...I'll post pictures and details later.  Anyway, they wanted to go through the house with a fine-toothed comb to make sure we get the most of our money.  After about an hour and a half of that (for which I am utterly grateful), I had a migraine and I was starving.

We went for lunch...I ate a few bites of a chicken taco salad and some of Littleman's french fries.  Went straight home and crawled into bed.  This was about 2pm.  By some stroke of luck, Littleman slept for two hours...I, alas, was in too much pain to sleep.  When he woke up, he quietly went to my office to play on my computer while I dealt with the pain in my head...my stomach didn't feel right, and of course, my first response is, "I must need some food."

I opened up a jar of peanut butter and spread it on an apple - thinking, "My, how healthy am I..." COMPLETELY forgetting that VERY morning when Papabear left the house saying, "Hey, you two stay away from peanut butter for a few days, just in case."  I'm blaming the headache for my forgetfulness. (You know about that whole salminella thing...)  Littleman's spidey-sense must have kicked in, he smartly declined the peanut butter snack and asked for plain crackers.

Well, you can imagine how the story ends.  The minute Papabear walked through the door I ran to the bathroom and spent my evening praying to the porcelin prince.  It was awful.  I rarely get sick like that and when it happens it's just so awful.  I cried like a baby.  Mostly crying because I felt so wretched, but then I couldn't stop crying for my BF who is pregnant and has to go through something like that multiple times a day!  I don't know how I'd survive!  Let alone with little people to look after...

Well, the good news is I feel much better today and soon we'll have a house of our own again.  It is HUGE, lots of room for all of you, so come on out for a visit this spring or summer!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment