Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can you keep a secret?

Well, as you know, I am not so good with the secrets.  Thankfully, I have had to bear the burden of keeping a secret precious few times.  Today, I need to blab a secret I have with myself that I am keeping from Papabear.  A couple of weeks ago I made a vow that I would not speak of having another baby until my birthday (September 23, for those of you who might possibly have forgotten). 

I did this because I know it stresses Papabear out to think about having #2.  He stresses about less time spent with Littleman, not enough money, not enough room in the house...all things that seem ridiculous to me.  We'll never have enough money (who does? I mean, really), if anything, this will give Papabear more time with Littleman, and I have already been working out how to change my office into a nursery with as little fuss as possible.

Papabear is on to me.  He's noticed already that I've "stopped talking about a sibling for Littleman."  He actually thanked me!  Ha!  He doesn't know that on my birthday I am going to ask him for one thing and one thing only: NO MORE BIRTH CONTROL.  And then we'll just see what happens....

I wanted to have this sibling for Littleman ages ago.  I am grateful that the "forces that be" clearly had a plan for me.  I can see now, after hanging out with so many "mom's of two" that I will be a much better "mom of two" with an older Littleman, rather than a younger one.  I am not sure I possess that kind of patience.  Well, I am sure the depths of my patience well run deep, however, I think that by the time I have #2 I will be much calmer than had it happened sooner.  I needed that time to chill out.  Don't get me wrong, guys, you can bet that I will resemble a chicken without a head in the early years, but I'm sure I will be a much cooler headless chicken. :)

So, technically, this is not a secret.  I just wanted to talk about something that is currently taboo in our house and I appreciate the minute you took to read this and shake your head at how silly I am.  If you can believe it, I am actually sticking to my vow - haven't peeped in about a month!

And, to end on something funny, Littleman actually calls his dad, "Papabear."  It is the cutest thing.  He'll walk through the house calling, "Papabear...." when he's looking for daddy.  Also, I made the mistake to telling Littleman that he will be not only visiting his old friend Skywalker at the end of July, but also sleeping over.  Now, just about twice a day, but sometimes more, Littleman will ask, "Is it the end of July?  Because at the end of July I am sleeping at Skywalker's house."  "Mommy, we are going to fly on an airplane to New York and sleep at Skywalkers..."  It just never ends....me and my big mouth. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment