Saturday, July 12, 2008

This one's for KBC

When I was a very young girl my parents gave my brother, Chuckie, and I every opportunity to swim.  We loved the water and were natural "fish."  I, however, had a great aversion to getting water up my nose...and instead of holding my nose with my fingers, which I found incredibly annoying, I soon found out that I could cover my nostrils with my upper lip.  I could make a perfect little vacuum seal so no water would enter my nose.  Can't picture it? (Well, I am sure many of you already can because you have seen me do this.)  Here is a picture so you can see this amazing talent with your own eyes:

 

Incredible, I know.  Freakish, too.  And oddly...I think I look kind of hot in this picture...hotter than any picture I've had taken in quite a while...

I digress.  Anyway, as I was on my forty-first or fifty-second boring lap in the pool the other day, I was reminded of this "talent" of mine.  I noted that I no longer need to do it.  I can swim like a grown up now.  And I was also reminded that my stepmom, KBC, found this skill of mine fascinating.  As a matter of fact, when I saw her in June she asked me to do it...and to this day she laughs with amazement (as I know she is laughing as she reads this).  So, KBC, this post is for you. :)  Thanks for always laughing with me and not at me! 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment