Tuesday, September 23, 2008

33 and happy

The coach purse pictures are finally here!  Enjoy!

Did you recognize me?  I know it's difficult.  Look closely.  Aahh, you see all that belly?  That was taken AFTER I ingested quite a bit of cholesterol-filled, perfectly delicious birthday pizza. I think some of the pizza grease must have gotten on my face...MAN, I am shiny!!!  See, still me!

You'll notice, the facial dandruff is impossible to detect.  Oh, it's still there, not quite as bad.  However, I'm not sure how you can see anything as my face is SO DAMN SHINY! Okay, focus - isn't the purse gorgeous???  As my Aunt B put it, "You have arrived."  I feel it when I'm swinging that bag over my shoulder! ;)

So, thanks, thanks, thanks to all the wonderful friends and family I have that wished me a happy day.  I love you all.  In many funny little ways this was one of my best birthdays...I probably say that every year...the one four years ago, when I found I was pregnant and got to share the news with all my friends that night was pretty awesome...okay, that was definitely the best, but this one was pretty good, too.

Here are some reasons why: I did not ask for anything - I'm getting to that age when the only presents I want are toys or swim lessons for Littleman and the occasional gift card so I can buy a new shirt or pair of underwear.  However, this year, I received a plethora of unexpected presents that either touched my heart or made me giddy.  We all know the Coach purse did both, see above pictures. :)

My sister, LH, sent me these awesome Halloween pancake molds.  This kind of present is right up my alley!  SUPER FUN.  I also really love the Halloween cupcake kit she sent - I can't wait to unleash those yummy puppies at the October playdate!

My BF provided me with over an hour of side splitting laughter by sending me the fourth season of The Office.  I live for watching those blooper reels and had completely forgotten about them until the DVD arrived the other day.

My hubby gave me one of the greatest gifts ever - a large, super delicious pizza and no grief about eating as much as I liked!  That might have been the only thing I asked for.

My friend, LR, sent me this quote that made the "shinesalot" in me really feel extra shiny today: "Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty.  Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

All of my siblilngs, well the older ones, called me today, in addition to all of my parents.  My email inbox and facebook page are full of well wishes.  It's so nice to feel special and remembered, especially when I'm so far away from the ones I usually celebrate with.  I really miss all you party people back home...you know who you are - we had some really good times in September and October....

And finally, the most surprising and touching present of them all.  It came from my mom in an email...as you would have undoubtedly guessed after reading it.

"First: Happy Birthday!

I still vividly remember the day you were born. The room at the old SI
hospital in Castleton where your father and I spent many hours. The labor
was long, I think 30 hrs, you just would not come out. In those days they
gave women in labor scopolamine - well I've since learned that any drug
ending in "mine" does not agree with me, I hallucinate and get crazy. Your
poor father, I can't say which one of us had it worst? Anyway, when you
finally decided to arrive, you came out pink and screaming. A 10 on the
Apgar, perfect, absolutely beautiful, and healthy. That was the greatest
moment in my life."


I'm pretty sure I am "good" with everything in my life now.  There will always be things - I'd like a house of my own again one day, another baby, things like that, but I can say, that all the important things are good.  My friends, my family, my loves, are all closely tucked around my heart (even if some are physically far away) and when the sun rises each morning I greet it with a smile.  Thanks every one and happy birthday to me.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment: