Sunday, September 14, 2008

Really good and really bad

The really good is the video posted below.  Two whole years ago I asked my mom to buy Littleman this fancy, expensive bike for Christmas (only the best for my baby!).  Of course, he was too small back then to really ride it, but as he grew bigger, he still did not seem very interested in the bike.  I felt horrible, especially since I made such a fuss about getting that particular bike.  That kind of horrible I think all new-ish moms feel from time to time, like, "how could I be so dumb???"  However, in the last few months Littleman has figured out the whole pedaling conundrum and practically rides the bike everywhere in the house - to go to the bathroom, to the dinner table, to his room to get a new toy, and so on.  In the video you'll notice the little "trunk" is full of his precious goodies procured from all round the house.  In the end, I am glad he has a high quality bike because I know he'd destroy one of lesser value in just a few weeks...he's just that kind of adventurer.

 

And now for the really bad.  Well, it's not that bad...it was just the worst thing that has ever happened to Littleman, physically.  Yesterday, being the independent little guy that he is, he went to the bathroom to pee...and in his haste, dropped the toilet seat AND lid on his...well, precious parts.  At first I thought it would be just that really bad initial pain that guys get when kicked there...but on closer inspection, I could see that the tip had been badly pinched.  He was screaming.  It was so awful. There were some tense minutes when Papabear and I weren't sure if he needed to go to the ER or not.  It was SO purple.  But, after a bit, when the crying calmed down and Littleman stopped crying, too, he peed, and it was clear (blood-free) so we treated him with an ice-pop from the freezer.  It was so horrible to know he was in such pain and we couldn't do anything.  He's fine now...although, the tip of his penis has an unnaturally purple bruise going across it and it's still sensitive to touch.  Ack...pain for the little ones is just awful.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny I wanted the same bike, he is doing so good and he rides it so fast too, what a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boogie dropped the toilet seat and lid, but he was fortunate enough to only hit his penis (rather than pinching it)... He cried a little, and then he was fine... The best thing, in my estimation, is that they're so young neither or them will likely remember it when they get older... (fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete