Monday, September 15, 2008

It's official

NO, I'm not pregnant, although, that post will have the same exact title.  I'm officially a grown up.  (Okay, before I go any further I know this post is going to read a lot like Goddesslibrarian's most recent post, but I swear I had this done before I hers!)

Anyway, how do I know I am officially an adult?  It's not my child or my car payments or my ridiculous inability to stay up past 10:30 pm.  I am all grown up because my mother sent me a COACH purse for my birthday...and it made me a bit giddy. I had not asked for one.  I don't drool over other womens' designer purses - you guys know me, I'm really not a purse person, BUT, with a child, cell phone, etc, I really need one.  Anyway, I am giddy because my mom bought me something really nice and completely thoughtful and very cool.  My mother is by far one of the busiest people I know and the fact that she went to the mall/store, picked out and paid for something she knew would fit in with my Texas crowd, AND sent it a week early AND sent a separate package for Littleman so he'd have something to open too...well, kids, I'm actually crying writing this, because it makes me so happy.  Crap...does that mean I'm not officially grown up?

No.  I have a COACH purse.  A real one.  It is pretty darn snazzy.  Even Papabear approves, and you know he is the ultimate critic.  I'll have him take a picture of me with it...I'm sure you won't even recognize me.  I am totally grown up.  You'll have to wait for the picture, though.  I've only officially been "dieting"/changing my eating habits/lifestyle for 9 days - way too soon for you to see any progress.  Maybe next week, on my actual 33rd birthday....

Don't fret.  I still do embarassing jigs in the aisles of the grocery store.  I still shop mostly for toys (only now with a super awesome purse).  I still play with puppets and glue guns.  I still go on the swings and crawl through tunnels at parks and bounce on the bouncy-bounces.  That will never change. 

Oh...did I tell you that I don't sleep with the elephant anymore?  The dust out here is something wicked and I literally could not breath if it was anywhere near me.  Now I bunch up the corner of the comforter...I am totally grown up.  Seriously, dudes.  oo, I should call my mom and thank her!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment