Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Insomnia

I think I have it.  I have been lying in bed for over an hour and I simply cannot fall asleep.  I'm tired, exhausted to be exact and yet sleep refuses to grace me with it's presence. 

I'll let you in on a little secret. A few months ago, around May, I think I had become a little bit addicted to Lunesta.  Papabear brought home a bunch of free samples.  His snoring was keeping me up - seriously.  I'd be sound asleep and then an hour or so after he conked out, the bed would begin to shake.  No, not from what you'd hope or think, but from his immense snoring!  I'd lie there for hours poking him, smashing a pillow over my head, ANYTHING for some relief!  SO, some nights, when I had a particularly busy day ahead, I'd take a Lunesta and get a wonderful night's rest.  Well...by May I found that I was having trouble falling asleep without the damn drugs, and I think that technically is "addiction." 

My dad and stepmom tried to help by buying Papabear a very expensive pillow that cured my dad of his snoring.  That pillow has yet to work so well in our house...

In June, when I went on my trip to NY, I decided to nick the habit.  I did not pack any sleep aids and by the time I got back to Texas, I did not need them anymore.  I was sleeping just fine.

Enter new job.  It's the only thing I can think of that is keeping me awake.  I had a migraine for two days over the weekend and, yes, I took some AdvilPM - the sleep was delicious.  And now, it's 11:37 pm, I have a very long day ahead of me, and I am nowhere near feelings such as, restful, tranquil, sleepy, or at peace.  Ug.  It's too late to take any drugs as I want to be at the gym by 8:15. Double ug.

Well, I hope everyone else is getting a restful night's sleep. I think I'll play some Word Challenge on Facebook....or stare at my beautiful new purse some more....

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. I too have trouble sleeping quite often... I will yawn all day, feel completely exhausted by bed time, and yet be unable to stay asleep all night... Definitely annoying... Have you talked to your doctor about it? I have, and we're considering a sleep study if it gets much worse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't talked to a dr. about it...as Papabear appears to know everything. Anyway, it doesn't happen that often. I think the new job and the diet...and the fact that I want to get prego more than anything else it keeping me up. I used to meditate when I had trouble sleeping when I was in my twenties...looks like I should practice it again. :)

    ReplyDelete