Sunday, October 12, 2008

Facial dandruff update

SO, as per my stepmom's recommendation, I bought some cortaid to apply to my facial dandruff.  After just a few hours it was gone.  However, a mere day later, I get into this poison ivy pickle.  My face is fine, but now my appendages are covered in gross, oozing, icky poison ivy rashes.  Ahhh, life is so sweet.  I have two, count 'em TWO infected areas, which papabear refers to as cellulitis.  The antibiotics are supposedly attacking those areas, but it's hard to tell from the outside.  It is nasty.  Well, on the positive side, there is significantly less oozing now than there was yesterday, a sign that I'm "on the mend."

In other news, a dear friend from "back home," called to check in yesterday.  She told me something that I have to report: my library...well, my former library, is in good hands...great hands, actually.  I cannot tell you what joy it brings me to know that all my years of hard work and love will be continued.  From what I heard, the library is once again filled with the energy, creativity, and love I tried so hard to bring to it every day.  While I am sad that it's not MY love and energy there, I am grateful to the powers that be that the teachers I so love, and the children will have a wonderful library in their lives. 

Finally, we went to the Texas State Fair today.  We did not stay long because sweating really aggravates my super sensitive skin and it was hot in the sun.  The fair was okay.  I think I was expecting more - tractor pulls, livestock, that sort of thing.  I am sure they have that stuff at some point, the fair is so big it runs for three whole weeks!  But, all we saw was the midway, which equals: expensive rides.  Littleman had fun.  The sights alone made his head spin.  We met up with friends and he went on some rides with their kids.  The food there is kind of amazing: deep fried snickers, oreos, twinkies, and cheesecake!!!!  NO, I did not even try.  I did have one of those huge turkey legs for lunch, though.  That was fun.  So, to sum up this boring paragraph, the fair was just so-so.  The dinky balloon festival we went to a few weeks ago (which cost MUCH less) was a lot better.  Now we know.

I have to jet.  Back to work tomorrow - can't hide behind poison ivy forever, plus, it's only for a few more weeks.  Secretly, I am hoping they'll take one look at my gross skin and send me packing.  The bangages can't cover most of it....here's to dreaming...oh, and happy fall to those of you back east.  I miss you and cider donuts and the pumpkin party more than you know.  :)  Eat a donut for me, guys!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what a cider donut is, but it sounds scrummy! I wish I'd known before hand; I would have warned you about the Texas fair. It is a bit disappointing. The State Fair in Oklahoma is positively dreamy. There are horse shows/competitions (free with admission), animal shows.. no tractor pull type stuff that I know of. But all the 4H displays and craft competitions (quilts, jams, etc..) And several buildings full of cool displays to walk through. And super cool - the international building with an area for different countries with things from those countries that you can drool over or buy. And indian tacos.. mmm.. I miss the OK State Fair.

    ReplyDelete