Friday, October 3, 2008

It's done

Well, almost.  It's funny how the world works.  Due to some family issues I can't post (but if you call me I will tell you, it's just not blog-appropriate), I have no more qualms about quitting.  On Monday, I will go in and tell them they need to find a replacement.  I will give them a month, but no more.  It doesn't feel as bad now that I have a reason other than "it's stressing me out and I'm miserable."

If you were here, sitting in my office with me at this very moment, I would fall into your arms and cry my eyes out.  I miss my family and friends so much.  I miss my brothers and sisters.  I miss every one.  I want to get in my car and drive to your house...but I can't because I am thousands of miles away from all of you.  Papabear needs my hugs for strength and I need all of yours.  I think I miss that most. 

I remember when everyone was so sympathetic about our "situation" when Papabear left for school and I was on my own with Littleman.  And I remember thinking I would never have survived if it hadn't been for all the wonderful people in my life.  My friends down the street and around the corner and over the river, my coworkers who hugged me every day and listened to every woe, the friendly faces at the library...everywhere I turned there was a smile that knew mine.  Every single one of you back east who reads this played a part in keeping me sane and happy those two and a half years. 

I have friends here and I know at least two who are going to read this want to drive over and hug me right away (thanks).  And I am grateful for that...but...it's just hard being far away from a world where I felt so comfortable and loved.  Especially when life isn't being particularly easy.

So, drop me an email or give me a call if you want.  I'll warn you, I am hormonal and prone to seriously embarrassing bouts of crying.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! You need to do what is best for you. Now you can get back to your mommy play group. Wish I could join!

    ReplyDelete