Thursday, October 16, 2008

Still across enemy lines

Yep, my body, that royal traitor, is at it again!  The poison ivy is just OUT OF CONTROL...and...I've been scratching.  I can't help it - I'm SO itchy!!!  It's so bad.  I went to the doctor this morning because one area, that started out on my bicep, has creeped along my armpit, onto my...well...one of those... and I've got spots all over my belly and my legs are covered.  Like I said, it's out of control.  The doctor gave me a mega-course of steroids and more antibiotics.  I know what you're thinking - "oh, you poor thing."  Thank you - you are so nice, really.  Every one who reads this is more than nice.  Anyway, don't think that.  I've got drugs for the itching, I just need to start taking them.  And, most importantly, I GET OUT OF WORK.  And people, that is worth its weight in gold.

Okay, here's the funny thing.  When I returned to work on Monday, all my kids were so happy.  They were hugging my itchy self, singing their little hearts out in "circle time," and asking in concerned tones about my bandages.  I hate to say it, but I really do like those little guys...I just don't like showing up at their school five days a week expected to teach.  Hilarious. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear that the poison ivy is so ruthless... I guess everything really is bigger in Texas! (sorry... couldn't help myself! teeheehee...)

    ReplyDelete