Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Salt on the wound

Well, just to make life extra super fun, fate has covered me with poison ivy.  If anyone saw me in May of 2007, then you know just how bad this is.  Festering and oozing are the two words that describe me best.  I decided to go to the doctor this afternoon.  Even HIS eyes bulged at my grossness.  He immediately ordered a steroid shot to be injected in my ARSE!  (I've never had that before and thankfully the doc took Littleman out in the office to get a sticker).  THEN, since some of my "sites" look infected, I'm on augmentin plus some heavy duty anti-itch drugs.  Potent enough to be labeled "sedative" and I am only to take them before bed or if I am not leaving the house for six or so hours.

Tonight I am missing a wine and cheese thing with some lady friends that would have been really lovely and fun.  Also, I was going to take a relaxing oatmeal bath when the doc informed me that baths just spread the poison ivy oil even more - so that's out. 

So, can there be a silver lining when my skin feels like it's on fire and my head is swimming with drugs?  Of course and let me list them here for you: No working - the doc says I should stay away from children for a couple of days - can you say four day weekend? YA-HOO! (Somehow, Littleman must have inherited Papabear's wonderful skin, because neither of them is itching at all). Next, Augmentin messes with birth control, need I say more?  Oh, and did I mention no work???  Not that I'll be enjoying the time much...but, at least I won't have to put on the happy face for other kids OR give them this wretched rash.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment