Saturday, October 25, 2008

REM is still amazing and other tidbits

So, Papabear and I saw REM last night and I am still in awe.  They have been rocking nearly my entire life!  I could not believe their energy.  It was a phenomenal show.  The Old 97's opened for them and they were pretty darn awesome as well.  It was a great night.

In other news, I finished Littleman's Halloween costume.  Two night of hand stitching - don't get too excited, it's nothing fancy.  First, he said he wanted to be a "blue dog."  That evolved into "a dark blue dog."  Then, after a few weeks at preschool, he informed us at dinner one night that a "dark blue dog is not scary, so I want to be Spiderman."  Littleman does not even know who Spiderman is - yes, he recognizes the character on other kids clothes, but he has never seen the show/movie nor does he own Spiderman stuff.  Anyway, Papabear convinced Littleman that he could be a "rough/scary dark blue dog" and so he is.  Today we took the costume on a test drive at halloween party my gym was throwing.  I drew some fangs on him and he was growling like a champ. 

Poison ivy is just about gone.  My bicep still gets a bit itchy, but otherwise, I'm done with the steroids/antibiotics and on the mend.

I told one of the head cheese's at the preschool that my last day will be Nov. 6.  I just told them and that was that.  It will be VERY VERY VERY awkward and unpleasant for me to bring Littleman there two days a week if they do not find a replacement soon.  Basically I have given all the teachers there more work and I feel really horrible about it.  I know it's not exactly my problem...but they are all really nice people...ug, how I get myself into these situations, I'll never know.  (Oh wait...it's that darn big mouth...)

I know you won't believe this next bit - I'm off the baby train.  For now, anyway.  I think the job and other stressors in my life sent me over some edge I did not know I was teetering on.  There is no way on earth I could ever consider having a baby unless Papabear was fully on board.  I might have lost sight of that...for one teensie, tiny second.  We've been talking a lot lately and I know that it's just a matter of time for him - and only months, not years.  Once I could swallow that, the baby obsession calmed itself.  (I don't think it helped that ever since my parents divorce I had this crazy idea that I had to have *that* family - the one I kind of lost: mom, dad, two kids about two years apart.  I have fixated on that as the "perfect family" since I was about 8 years old.  And even though COUNTLESS parents have told me that age difference really doesn't matter when it comes down to it...I was never really convinced.  Now I am just content to know that my family will be whatever it will be.) 

Still haven't lost the 15 pounds...still hovering at around 7 pounds lost...

I have half of my Christmas shopping done.  It's okay to hate me...but do YOU have SIX siblings and five parents to buy for?  Ever since I had four siblings I started my shopping in September - right after all of their birthdays!

Papabear's mom will have surgery in January.  She wants to enjoy the holidays and so she shall.

I still miss every one so so much.  In about three weeks it will have been a year since we got here.  It's already been a year since I started this blog and a year since we sold our house.  A year.  A whole year.  If my sanity weren't on the line, I'd keep working so I could buy plane tickets...but alas, I need my sanity at the moment.

Well, Papabear and I just returned from a Tapas cooking class and I smell like olive oil and expensive cheese.  Need to go wash up.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have decided to stop holding yourself to your planned "perfect" family and decided to go for what works for you now... I just did the same, and it's pretty freeing!

    ReplyDelete