Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another concert and things...

Last night Papabear and I went to see The Killers with some good friends.  It was a decent rock show - it would have been better in a smaller venue where we could have danced, but all in all, it was a rockin' good time (even if I was so tired I could barely stand).  There is one thing I HAVE to share.  It was one of those venues that had huge screens on each side of the stage. Throughout the show the camera men would show close ups of the band and fans cheering, singing, and dancing in the audience.  Naturally, the camera would fall more frequently on the really pretty or scantily clad girls.  One girl, and I swear this is true, was wearing a super tight white t-shirt that read, "Not just a pretty face (fantastic tits, too!)"   CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT????  And whenever the camera landed on her she would jiggle her goods like you wouldn't believe.  Only in Dallas...I guess. 

Now that I've calmed down from the arrival of my check, I can be more sensible about how to spend it.  I really do think I want to spend a big chunk of it on a playground/swing set for the new back yard.  The rest will probably go towards our lame health insurance deductible.  It's a $1000 PER person!  And then after that's paid, you still have to pay 30% of the bill up to $3000 a year! Ridiculous.  Man, do I miss my high quality, New York Blueshield insurance....covered just about everything.  Ug.

Not too much else to report.  Still working on closing the deal on another house.  I'm not getting excited until we have the keys (scheduled for Feb. 20)...so we'll see.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment