Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Super fantastic Monday

I have a lot riding on this coming Monday.  I will officially be exiting the first trimester and I am seriously hoping this nausea and exhaution will also be exiting the scene.  Also, I will find out the gender of my little belly buddy.  The scan/ultra sound will also measure the nuchal fold and all that serious stuff, so I am just focusing on the fun gender part.

It will also be the last Monday living in this rented house (assuming things go well...and after today's home inspection, things are).  The new house means a new beginning in a bunch of ways.  Lots of new things to look forward to.

Oh, I no longer have a little boy named "Littleman."  He is now Spiderman.  Anyone who attempts to call him by his given name, is STRONGLY told to correct themselves.  When I pick him up at the gym child care, I call out, "Spiderman," to get his attention, and he shouts with glee, "SPIDERMAN MOMMY!"  We also have in our home, Spiderman Daddy and Spiderman Grandma.  Any good friends of his (or kids he meets at the playground) are instantly dubbed "Batman" and they go off to do their super hero antics.  Seriously, though, the kid is spiderman obsessed!  The weird thing is that he has NEVER seen an episode of a Spiderman cartoon or a movie or even a book!  He must have learned about Spiderman from a preschool buddy...and now he has spiderman underwear and t-shirts....and so it begins....

Oh, here's another doosie - I've gained 15 pounds!  In just 11 weeks!!!  No no, I'm just kidding, I just wanted to get your hearts pumping a bit.  Had ya there for a second, didn't I???  I actually haven't gained even a pound yet.  I can't believe it because I've been eating an awful lot of carby, starchy things, but I've also been going to the gym and walking around the neighborhood with Littleman a lot. 

Well, now that I've got you all good and bothered, I'm calling it a night!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. The whole Spiderman thing is too funny. My middle daughter loves Spiderman too and I have no idea how she even knows who Spriderman is. LOL Right now Spiderman is Jessie's (from Toy Story 2) boyfriend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! LOVE the boyfriend/girlfriend thing!

    ReplyDelete