Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random blither blatherings

Yes, I do believe I made up the expression "blither blatherings."  Well, maybe not....but I feel like I made it up, so I will revel in it for the moment.  Speaking of making things up, after the recent "success" of my library games, I am excited to try and sell some more.   Excited is not exactly the right word...it's like a cocktail of excitement and anxiety, with a dash of hesitance.  Do I have any more good ideas? I must...but where, oh where is the motivation?  Hmmm....well, I have to say, my body is working pretty darn hard on making another member of the shinesalot clan, so perhaps I'll wait until that masterpiece is finished....but then I won't have even a millisecond to myself.  Well, I'll see what I can muster up before this little munchkin becomes reality.

So, we have plans to move.  Moving truck is reserved.  Plane ticked for Papabear's best bud to fly in and help is purchased.  Appliances have been bought and scheduled to be delivered the day after closing.  My heart is yet again attaching itself to a building that may or may not be home in 12 days.  Craziness.

I am moody.  When I was prego with Littleman, Papabear said I was the most mellow and easy going I had ever been.  This time around, not so.  I am MOODY, with all capital letters.  Moody, moody, moody.  If you call and I am curt or snappy, please don't take it personally.  And this level of fatigue!  It's unbelievable!  I don't remember it being nearly so strong last time...and it's not like Littleman is exhausting me - he can handle himself at parks and playgrounds.  And finally, the nausea.  Every night, until I go to sleep.  It's wretched.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking? (*girl*)  Maybe.  We'll know on the 16th...taking wagers!

Littleman said two things this week that had Papabear and I crying with tears. 

"Mommy, I think I have a ball in my butt."
"WHAT???"

"No wait, it's poop."

How lovely is that?????

"Mommy, can we go to McDonalds?"

"Not today, honey."

"Mooooommmmm (super whine), can't it be YES??????"

It doesn't seem so funny when I type it, but we laughed so hard.

In other random news, I drool over All-Clad and Le Crueset cookware in ways that are utterly embarrassing. 

And, another tribute to Papabear.  He has done EVERYTHING lately.  I mean, everything.   Things he never had a mind to do before - like reschedule our pest control people to come to our new house, or get our taxes done.  I used to be responsible for every little thing...and now, I am merely (ha! merely) responsible for our boy, paying the bills, keeping the house tidy, and not getting gestational diabetes.  Honestly, though, he is taking so much off my shoulders.  It's awesome.  Now, if I could only stay awake long enough to properly thank him...(okay, tmi, I know, sorry....)

My mom is visiting in March.  I am excited and sad.  I am excited because I miss her so much, so does Littleman, and I can't wait for her to see our new house and all that stuff.  I am sad because I was supposed to go to NJ...and I miss my brothers and sister and other family back east so much...I am sad that I won't see them until MAYBE June.  I'll be honest, it is WAY easier for her to come out here.  I am grateful that I don't have to travel just a few weeks after we move...but, man, I miss my peeps back east.

Papabear's mom has still not scheduled her surgery...putting it off as long as she can get away with....

Papabear has made a baked ziti for dinner tonight.  I haven't tasted it yet, it's still in the oven, but the smell...oh gawd, the smell....it is to die for!  Mmmmmm....I am so lucky that he cooks so well and enjoys it, too!!!!!  He made enough for us to freeze a batch!  Not sure I could love him anymore at this moment.  :)

OH, current cravings: hamburgers (about twice a week, but I only give in once), watermelon, eggs, raspberries.  I don't crave gooey, soft rolls/bread like I did with Littleman, but if they are present, I can't resist them....I don't buy them, but if you have them in your house, watch out!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. I never really had cravings so to speak, unless you include my increased desire to eat chocolate all the time... Does it count if you already craved it 24/7 before becoming pregnant?!? Teeheehee...

    ReplyDelete