Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome to our new home...

So, we closed this morning on our Texas home.  I took most of these pictures a few hours later and I apologize for their crookedness.  I am exhausted and just wanted to have something to show.  I still have quite a bit of last minute packing to do, so this will be brief.  We won't have internet until Tuesday, so I won't be updating until then.  Enjoy and know you are always welcome. :)

 

 

Here's the entry way with a view of the dining room.  Don't ask me why they carpet dining rooms - it seems to be the norm out here!  Weird, right?

Next we have the kitchen.  All Kitchen Aid appliances (except for the fridge, which we bought and will be delivered tomorrow).  This kitchen feels super fancy to me and I can't wait to cook and bake in it!

Our kitchen opens to our living room.  We LOVE the open floor plan.  You can see the door to the back yard and covered porch kind of to the left.  All the way in the back is my office - there are french doors that were open when I took the picture.

This is the stairway to the playroom, guest room/Papabear's office, and a third full bathroom. (Why they had to put THREE full baths, I don't know...I DO know I won't enjoy cleaning all of them!)  You can also see the fan in the master bedroom back there.

Here's the covered porch area and a pic of the backyard.  Not huge, but big enough for a good sized swingset, and that's good enough for me.  Privacy, oddly, isn't really an option in Texas unless you have mega-bucks or get super lucky.

 

Here's a shot of the master bath...I'm not sure why I took or included this picture, but here ya go.  Do you really want to see where we'll brush our teeth?

And finally, a shot of a very tired Littleman in his new room with a "new" antique dresser from Maday.  His dresser is really a changing table and that, as you know, will be going in the baby's room, next to his.

I will post more next week.  If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm passed out from exhaustion in a sea of boxes!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

  1. Britt! Your house is *beautiful*!! I love the kitchen! Good luck with the move and stay sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is beautiful! One box at a time is all you can do, and, it will eventually be finished! Good luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, dude! Your new house is amazing! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete