Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Boy meets...

Okay, this is going to be...well, the kind of story you know I love to tell.  It is about Littleman discovering a part of his body.

Before bathtime this evening, Littleman was sitting on his bed, naked, looking at a book.  I sat down and noticed he was casually touching his nether-regions.  Nothing serious, so I ignored it.  A few moments later, I notice he is squeezing, so I say kind of quickly, "Hey! Don't hurt yourself."

He looks down and then he looks up at me and says, "Mom, what ARE these balls in here?" 

Oh my. Did he really use the word, "balls?"

Me: Um, well, they are part of your body and you'll need them when you grow up.  So don't hurt them.

Littleman: They are going to get bigger and bigger.

Me: Yes, I suppose they will.

At this point I called Papabear in to join in this fascinating discussion of personal discovery.  It was all we could do to not fall off the bed laughing.  We tried very hard to make the laughing seem unrelated to the topic.  I don't know if we were successful. It was just a hilarious conversation I dont' think I ever imagined myself having.

Well, I am so tired I could fall off my chair...which is what I am going to do...bon nuit.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment