Monday, August 31, 2009

Feeling human and some pics

It took me over 8 weeks to begin to feel human after I had Littleman.  I don't know if it's because this is my second child or because I am receiving so much help or what, but I actually feel human.  I KNOW I am jinxing my good fortune by writing about it, but I you know how I have to share.  I feel good, really good.  I'm frustrated that I've lost 21 out of 24 pounds and my body looks...well...the way it looks. BUT, aside from that, I have a decent amount of energy.  I know it's only been 13 days, and LittleGuy could decide at any moment to keep us up all night long (instead of his very nice 3.5 to 4 hour stints of sleep).  Well, I am just enjoying what I have right now.  In a few days I'll have to start cooking again...well, in about a week.  I should start developing menus and shopping lists now....hmmm...that might require more energy and creativity than I am capable of at the moment - but it's a good idea.

LittleGuy's cord fell off at my MIL's yesterday when I was changing him on her kitchen counter.  He also peed all over me.  I didn't think to bring a change of clothes for myself....  He also had his first lunch "out" and was very good (slept the entire time).  And, Littleman and I gave him his first bath last night.  Like his brother, LittleGuy does not like being naked, but really does enjoy being submerged in warm water. 

People are asking about his personality and I really must say, I'm not sure yet.  He sleeps, he eats, he poops.  When he's hungry and I'm running around trying to get Littleman settled before I nurse, he can throw a little fit, but otherwise, he seems to be exhibiting mostly your general newborn behaviors.  He's cute as a button and cuddly as ever, though.  He absolutely looks like Papabear - if you look at baby pictures of me and Papabear - Littleman is the spitting image of me and LittleGuy looks just like his daddy.  I'll try and scan some in the near future. :)  In the meantime, here are some photos.

The big boys celebrate

First picnic

My boys...

All swaddled

First bath, photo by Littleman.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. I especially love the pictures of the proud big brother... Making me even more excited to see Boogie's reaction in February!

    ReplyDelete