Saturday, August 1, 2009

High five for high BP

So, my blood pressure is a little high. (Nothing happening on the cervix front, baby's heartbeat is great, no excessive weight gain, diabetes under control...but...there always has to be something.)  Right about the same week when I was prego with Littleman I was put on a three day bed rest for high blood pressure.  It's not quite as high this time, so I just have orders to "stay off my feet as much as possible" and "chill out."  (All you mama's who read this know how funny that is - even my dr., dad of three, realizes the near impossibility of this "order.")  My favorite part of yesterday's visit went like this:

Dr.: So, your blood pressure is a little high, you need to start taking things down a notch.

Me: So, I probably shouldn't have gone to that aerobics class the other day?
Dr.: You did WHAT?

Me: (Sheepish grin) It was the last one, I promise.

Dr.: Um, yeah, no more of that.

In other news, I feel beautiful.  This is an extemely rare experience for me.  Every one who knows me knows I've always been consumed by my weight, blah blah blah.  In general, though, I have a pretty decent image of myself.  Really, I do.  I make jokes, but don't have low self esteem, I really don't.  However, yesterday specifically, I simply felt beautiful. (And I mean really beautiful, not just pretty, .)  Maybe because one of my sister's told me so the other day...and I don't hear that often...maybe it was the 79 degrees beautiful morning breeze running through my hair, that had been washed for the first time in a few days....maybe it's the feeling of being full, quite literally, of life - a new life filled with unspeakable possibilities.  It's such a priviledge to be a part of that.  Who knows, but it felt wonderful.  It feels wonderful. 

While I was walking on my cloud yesterday, I had $32.00 to use at Victoria's Secret.  I had been given a gift of lotions my skin does not agree with, so I needed to make an exchange.  I had doubts.  I have not crossed a VS threshold in...um..maybe six or seven years.  Here I come, 9 months pregnant...I had to laugh.   But, as I said, I was feeling quite beautiful and I actually found three pajama type top thing-ies looked pretty nice.  Something nice to wear in the hospital - I have to stay there for FOUR whole nights! ug.  I only bought one, obviously - 32 bucks will only get you so far, especially in VS.  Still, it felt awesome to buy something not exactly fancy, but certainly "nice" for myself. 

Now I need to pack my bag for the hospital.  I had Papabear get the laptop all updated so I can post pictures and be my usual facebook obsessed self as soon as the heavy drugs wear off. It's not like I'll be busy, right? ;-)

Well, we're just counting down the days here, sometimes with my feet up.  The paper chain is working out great.  It hangs from my office door knob and no longer touches the ground.  It's fun watching it get shorter and shorter.  I think we have just about everything...except burp cloths.  I thought it was lap pads, but I found those...now it's burp cloths.  All of Littleman's are now rags I use for dusting with Pledge.  But, pretty much anything within reach that's soft is a burp cloth, right?

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment