Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Grateful for grey

It has been overcast and kind of rainy since Monday and I am loving it.  Well, today the humidity is at 91%, which is pretty awful, but I will take cloudy over the piercing bright sun right now.  I've had a near migraine since Monday and the sun just makes it that much worse.  Currently I am in "headache limbo."  I'm not in pain, but I sense that if I move to quickly or am exposed to just the right amount of noise I will be back in pain-land.  It really stinks to have these kinds of headaches when pregnant - there really isn't anything to do (fortunately I've only had one or two this pregnancy).  Usually Advil and sleep are my rememdies - however, I cannot take Advil AND sleep is nearly impossible.  SO, so sum up, I am fine, grateful for clouds, and hopeful that the headache is on its way out rather than developing into a full blown migraine.

Littleman started a one week "Land Before Time" art camp on Monday.  He LOVES it.  He cried the first day when I came to pick him up because he didn't want to leave!!!!!  They are making giant paper machie dinosaurs - I can't wait to see his finished product on Friday.  It's only for a few hours, but he's having a great time and it gives me a little down time.  I thought I'd use the time productively, but the past two days were just spent on the couch nursing the headache.  Today, however, I have retrieved the infant carrier, planted some basil, and am getting started on a huge batch of bolognese to freeze.

Just for the record, BabiesRUs and ToysRUs have the CRAZIEST, STRICTEST return policy!  I don't want to get into details, but they are insane, really insane...and a pain in the ass for pregnant ladies on a mission.

Littleman has moved from Spiderman to Superman, sort of.  He interchanges the two super heroes frequently.  He wants to be Superman for Halloween, though...I don't know how he gets onto these little obsessions.  Papabear is going to be Lex Luther and here is what Littleman said when it was suggested that I be the damsel in distress: "No, Daddy, Mommy needs to be my princess that I will save."  Hey, I can live with that.  Papabear wants the baby to be kryptonite, but we have a red hot chili pepper costume that I plan on using. We'll see.  Halloween is kind of a ways off.

Our barn swallows have left.  It's sad looking up at that empty nest.  When it rains they come back...and I think they still sleep there in the evening.  It's significantly more quiet out there now...I suppose we should clean up all the poop now. Gross.

Well, other than being huge, that's the latest.  I can't wait for my mom to come and I'm told that my sister, L, is coming with her.  I'm so happy they will be here.  :)

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are taking those couple of hours to relax and have some last bonding sessions with your little one in you belly. He'll be out soon and you will look back on this time and think of those quiet moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax now and sleep during dino camp. The house and everything else can wait!

    ReplyDelete