Sunday, July 12, 2009

Baby's room and other recent pics...

Hey there all.  We finally hung up the wall art in the baby's room.  We had a lot of input and ideas about how to hang them and I am really happy with the end result.  We are too tired, lazy, and hot to paint the room, so the wall art will have to do.  When #2 gets a little older and shares with us his likes and dislikes, I am sure we will paint him a masterpiece. 

I have been having trouble uploading photos to the blog, so I am just going to try and dump a bunch below this text.  Most are of the baby's room. The bassinet has been in my family for over 60 years.  When my mom comes in August she will add the traditional white eyelet skirt and blue ribbon. I threw in a couple of Littleman's room and around the house b/c I don't think I've put any up since we moved in.  Also, a few from fourth of july.  And finally, a shot of the bird's nest - it's our second batch of hatchlings.  It is breathtaking watching the mama feed her hungry little babies as I type my posts and play Word Challenge on facebook.  That sounds a little sarcastic, but it really is amazing.

I am in a nesting frenzy.  I've been doing really odd things like iron pillow cases and dust in nooks and crannies I never even bothered to notice before.  I don't think I had it this bad when I was prego with Littleman.  I have some sewing projects I want to tackle and I have the strongest urge to take apart the vacuum cleaner and wash all the parts.  If you live in the area, please call me and distract me!  Okay, enjoy the pics.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Littleman looks like he ADORES his room. The bird nest is so cool!! DO NOT take apart the vacuum!! Just step away from it and ask Littleman what he wants to do...he'll come up with a list a mile long that will be sure to provide you with hours of distraction!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....interesting point about the set date. I don't think so, though. When the frenzy starts, there is no reason, it is literally a manic sort of frenzy. It comes in a spurt and then disappears a little after my back starts aching. :) Littleman does adore his room...and I think he likes his brother's room, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the hatchlings... They always look so fake in pictures, but you just have to remind yourself that you saw them with your own eyes! The nursery looks amazing... Good job, mama!

    ReplyDelete