Monday, July 13, 2009

Cozy/Crazy brain...

Wow.  So yesterday was literally crazy.  I had a crazy person's brain, I really did.  For a moment, I stopped and looked at Papabear - all wild-eyed, my hair coming out of its bun, sweat shining up my face and arms - and said, "I think I really know what mania is now."  Papabear just ran away as he knew I could not take any drugs to quell my vacuuming/dusting/mopping/windexing frenzy.  It was such a crazy day that it actually feels like it was a week ago!

To calm myself, I have been trying to think of all the things that make me feel warm and cozy, such as,

-the day before the c-section I have lunch plans to eat a giant cheeseburger and fries at one of my favorite restaurants (Moo-Ya) with a bunch of friends and our kids.

-every Wednesday the local theatre shows children's movies for a buck.  It's a guarunteed quite, restful, air conditioned hour and a half of my week.

-my BF is only a phone call or email away when I have ridiculous questions about nipples or poop or whatever.  As blabber-mouthy as I am, she is the single person I have no fear or reservations with.  I pretty much share everything with every one...but for those utterly desperate times, she is always there and that soothes me.

-my mother is coming two days before the baby.  As much as my mom and I butt heads from time to time, I choke up a little just thinking about how much I want her here when "it's time."  And even more comforting for my soul, is knowing that while I am at the hospital for four days, Littleman will be spoiled, my fridge will be full (well, if not full, taken care of), the house will be tidy, AND I know she will make me a yummy dinner or lunch or whatever on the day I come home.  My mom's food and attention to details only she and I care about soothe my soul on a primal level.

-I have friends here who not only like me, but like me enough to want to throw a shower for me and offer to take care of my angelboy (oh, that's Littleman's other nickname).  It seems so hard to believe that in just a short time I have met so many people to love and be loved by.

-it appears that the mother AND father swallows feed their four chicks outside my window all day long.  I keep waiting for them to die because it is SO freaking hot here.  There are times when the chick's little heads are just hanging out of the nest...but just as I think they are done for, mama or papa shows up with a mouthful of regurgatated bugs.  We've put a little bird bath out under their nest as well.  Why this calms me, I don't know.  

-okay, there are more things, but Littleman is BEGGING to watch the "loud/quiet" segment that Kermit and Elmo do on YouTube.  If you have little people, I strongly recommend you watch it.  Littleman literally, yes literally, pooped in his shorts the first time he saw it.  He was mortified, but man, he was laughing so hard....okay, got to go.  And, just in case you were worried, he just had a BM, so I think my lap will be safe.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Pooped himself laughing?!? I guess I really need to show that one to Boogie!

    ReplyDelete