Saturday, July 18, 2009

Showered with love...

It really is a blessing to have really nice friends.  It is even more of a blessing when they decide to throw a shower for you.  I really didn't expect much - this IS my second baby, but these girls took out all the stops.  Balloons, games, punch, AND a designer cake I will remember for a very long time.  :)  It is especially nice to have a shower when you are large and hot and ever so anxious and excited to meet your new little family member.  It was so nice to get new onesies and Desitin and all that fun baby stuff.  Enjoy the pictures.  The best two, the ones I want you to remember are the one with the flowers covering my enormous belly and the one of my legs.  They are tan and muscular - probably the only muscular part of my body....other than my mouth which hardly ever stops....

Thank you to every one who was a part of this day...and all of you back east - I thought of you, too, because all of you wonderful friends were there the first time around and I really did miss you.  I know you would have been there, bringing your love and laughter, if I weren't thousands of miles away.

This diaper cake was made by my friend Diana - who I never got a picture of (arg)!  It was filled with presents - bottles, booties, burp cloths!  Littleman was thoroughly impressed when we got it home and explored. :)

A close up of the yummy cake.

My SIL, Jen, my MIL, and me. Please move along quickly to the great picture of my legs....

Legs....

 

Carla and Gretchen

Me and Amber

Jan and Maria

Julia and Michelle

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment