Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Powerful

The force with which my belly buddy rocks inside my body is powerful, to say the least.  He seems so much more active than Littleman.  I am also hyper-aware of each kick, flip, and roll because this is the last time I plan to be pregnant.  I hold tight to those moments and savor every little...or large movement.  He feels so big.  I guess, compared to the space he's confined to, four pounds is pretty big.  If I picture a four pound weight from the gym tumbling around my womb, my perspective changes.  It never ceases to be amazing - the powerful life inside of me.

Also powerful - the set of lungs on the yappy dog two doors down.  Two nights in a row now, he/she's been out barking from 10pm until who knows when.  The other day he started up at 4:30am!!!!  I've been told that the couple who live there are nurses and work odd hours.  Still, that is NO EXCUSE for keeping your neighbors up all night.  I don't understand people who live in these cramped neighborhoods who can be so inconsiderate of one another.  Papabear got out of bed last night, walked over to their house, and knocked on the door - no answer.  I was going to put a note in their mailbox this morning, but decided to give it one more day.  It's really awful.  I am so frickin' tired.  And poor Papabear - not only do we have the barking, but the moon's been nearly full and its light falls RIGHT on his pillow at bed time.  He's a fussy sleeper, so it's worse for him.  Still, neither of us has slept well in two days.  I was counting on this...but not for five more weeks!

Also powerful - my love of chocolate yet surprising current will power to resist.

Powerful as well: my addiction to Facebook.  Evil thing, it really is.

OH, do you know what else is powerful? A sticker chart.  I have no idea why it works, but if we make a sticker chart, with a decent reward at the end, it seems I can make Littleman do whatever I want!  Well, he's been dry four mornings in a row - all for the lamest spiderman umbrella from WalMart you have ever seen.  Hey, whatever works, right?  I know when his brother arrives he'll probably backslide a bit...but perhaps...if we can get him on the path now....well...we'll see. 

The power of the upcoming unknown is also pretty staggering.  I'm excited and nervous to try nursing with this one.  I'm not worried about the basics, so much...more about how the dynamics of our family will change.  I know adding another "B" will be a wonderful thing, but I'm a little anxious about the initial adjustment...mostly because handling big changes is usually no problem for me...but to do so while sleep deprived.  Well, let's just say I'm a little nervous.  Normal nervous though and mostly excited.  After seeing that ultrasound the other day, I just want to hold those squishy little bones in my arms and kiss those already chubby cheeks.

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with that dog situation... What a pain in the arse!

    ReplyDelete