Monday, July 6, 2009

Nesting...

I'm going to leave you with a list of my recent thoughts and such, lucky you.

-I've been nesting like a crazy person...or more accurately, a pregnant person.  I've been updating photo albums, stocking the freezer, and I even bought a package of diapers.  It seems early for diapers, but I just couldn't resist one little package...I can't believe how small the newborn diapers are...they fit in my palm.

-The gestational diabetes is going.  It's mostly annoying - planning meals and snacks around the four finger sticks a day.  I am eating better and breaking bad habits, so I am not going to complain.  I've only gained 16 pounds and I plan to keep my total weight gain under 25.  I'd like to keep it under 20, but apprently the baby gains a half pound a week and that puts me at about 19...hmm...it might be possible.  Well, all I want is a healthy baby.  So, I am just going to keep eating right and doing what my doctor tells me to do.

-OH, my placenta moved - some of you may not have known that earlier in the pregnancy it hadn't and could have posed a problem.  BUT, as per last week's ultrasound, the placenta has moved and I get to keep my uterus. Lovely.

-A note about public restrooms - why don't people clean up after themselves? I mean really!  If every one just wiped up their own dribble, then we wouldn't have the gross mess. Ug.  At this point it's hard to hover over a seat and since I go frequently, I am often left without much choice over which restrooms I use.  Annoying.

-While on grossness - trying to shave is like hacking through an overgrown forest at night with a dull machete.  Seriously.  I can't see what I'm doing, I don't visit there nearly enough...and well...I have to wear a bathing suit just about every day.  SINCE I can't see, I don't really know how bad it is for the general public, but I can't imagine it's good.  I apologize to anyone who lives within my vicinity and has to be subjected to that mess.  I'm embarrassed by it...but not enough to endure the pain and suffering of waxing.  I never have and never will.  Sorry people.  I really am.

-I love folding laundry.  I don't know why, I just do.  I wish I could explain it, but I can't.  When I see other people's laundry, I want to fold it....even though I worry my folding technique might not match theirs, I still want to fold.  It might be a sickness.

-Dudes, I am officially 8 months pregnant.  It is as uncomfortable as you would imagine in the Texas heat, but I am loving it....well, the fact that in a few weeks I get to meet this little belly buddy, NOT the heat. 

-Littleman has discovered the fun that is water balloons.  He was introduced to them at a recent bbq and there's been no looking back.  He wants to buy them every time we're at the store.  It's pretty funny.  He'll say things like, "Hey mom, at my far away birthday can we have lots of water balloons?"  I love that.

-Today was my best friend's birthday.  I miss her so much. 

-Is it wrong to make Papabear take me to see the Harry Potter movie on our anniversary?  He's only going because I love HP....he'd much rather see something else.  Perhaps I can find someone to see it with me...I'm running out of time!

Alrighty, that's enough, wouldn't you agree? 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. I'd watch HP with you if I could. It is sad to say how excited I am for it to finally be out. I've been forcing the kids to rewatch all the past HPs with me so I will be prepared. I have a date to watch it set up for the 19th, but it is going to take all my willpower to not sneak out before that and watch it solo.

    ReplyDelete