Friday, August 14, 2009

Four more paper chain links remain....

It's so close I can almost taste it.  I am just going to list things b/c my back hurts and I don't think I can sit here for very long.

-I wish we owned a barker lounger...if only for the last couple of weeks of pregnancy.  Man, those things, the ones I've sat on at other people's homes, are COMFY.

-Had my final OB visit today.  Since they started tracking my weight in January I have gained a grand total of 24 pounds. I can hardly believe it...but I exercised throughout the entire pregnancy and ate...sort of better than usual.  My blood pressure is through the roof, but that was just this morning.  Papabear takes it every night and it hasn't been that high.  I had a lot of questions about the c-section this morning, so that might have triggered some stress.  Otherwise, the doc says we're doing great, to stay off my feet, and we'll see him bright and early on Tuesday.  :)

-I do NOT have to have a 24 hour epidural.  My Dr. said just the spinal block and pain meds will be fine.  (There was some confusion about that earlier this week.  And to sum it up, the hospital tells that to all c-section patients so they can make more money.  Disgusting.  I love my OB for his honesty and, mostly, for his cheerful and positive attitude.  The man loves bringing babies into the world and I'm glad he's bringing in mine.)

-My feet are so fat they hurt.  I really feel bad for the person at the pedicure place that gets me tomorrow.

-Littleman is playing SO SO quietly and nicely this afternoon.  He was an angel at the dr's office, good and helpful at Target, ate all of his lunch, and is letting me just rest.  I am trying my very best to cherish these last days of just me and him. 

-I know I've said this so many times, but I really can't wait to see my mom...and my sister, and my brother.  I'm so glad the house will be full of people for Littleman while I'm away for four whole, stinking days.  I KNOW I need to cherish those quiet quasi-alone days with my new little one and I will.  It makes me feel so much better, though, that Littleman will be surrounded by people who adore him.  We basically have two weeks of people coming in and out to shower him with love.  I can't wait to see each and every one of them.

-On Monday I am going to my favorite burger joint with my mom, sister, Littleman, and a bunch of friends.  I am very excited about this as well.

-In case you are curious, the weather has been bearable.  In the nineties, but not too humid most days.  In fact, it's been kind of dry and that makes most of the day, especially if you are in the shade, extremely pleasant.

-I think the North Dallas region is under some sort of cricket attack.  They are literally everywhere.  We just vanquished a few in our garage and outside our bedroom window.  But, I really knew it was a "local" problem when I began seeing and/or hearing them at multiple McDonald's play areas, Target, and the grocery store!  They are every where.  Big and loud. Ug.

I think that's it for now. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment