Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Strange symptoms

I figured this title would be fair warning.  You might not want to read this. 

The strangest symptom of pregnancy that I am currently experiencing is sweaty feet bottoms.  It is the weirdest thing.  It is totally grossing me out.  My feet sweat when I wear my flip flops...only the bottoms...and it's a ridiculous amount of sweat - so much that I slip on my hardwood floor when I take the flip flops off.  I can hear you saying, "well, don't wear those flip flops anymore."  People, I have only 12 days left - I only fit into those flip flops...

Which leads me to the swelling - this is not a strange symptom.  Swelling is pretty common.  I wake up with sausage fingers - so super hot - walk around with sausage toes.  Hence, trying to stay off my feet.  Yeah...that's working out great.

I'm also experiencing a recent surge of hormones.  I cried my eyes out at the end of Kung Fu Panda.  Have you seen this movie?  The ending isn't even sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also wept at the end of a 30 minute Curious George episode on PBSkids.  And I feel like weeping when I speak to certain people that I miss or am excited to see.  As in, people I'll see at a playdate in twenty minutes, included.  Yes, I cry.  Oh, and I also cried when Littleman said I was the most beautiful princess mama in the world.   Wait, there's more - I cry when I smell Papabear's t-shirts.  Dirty OR clean!  The hormone surge is out of control.

My belly itches.  Pretty common.

I am ridiculously tired.

Finally, my boobs.  They just hurt, also not a strange symptom. I'll leave it at that.

I would like to end with - I love it, though.  (Okay, not the sweaty feet bottoms, but the rest.)   All of these things mean I'll be welcoming an amazing, new little person very, very soon.  I will sorely, sorely miss his eager, energetic rolls, pushes, and flutters.....

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment