Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hormones, glorious hormones!

I'm in that delightful stage of pregnancy when the hormone surges provide me with super long, luxurious nails.  Ahhh...the only other time in my life I had nails was when I was pregnant with Littleman.  I knew the pregnancy was coming to an end in the ninth month when they all broke down to their usual pitifully short length.  For now, I am basking in the glory of attractive, feminine-ish nails.  I am also hoping my hair will grow a few inches.  The down side to all this "growth" is that I have to shave my legs nearly every day!

So it's hot.  It's been in the low 90's the past two days.  I have to admit that I must be acclimating because it really was quite pleasant on Tuesday.  Yesterday, however, was another story.  I took Littleman to a park with no shade and I was pretty uncomfortable.  It's only APRIL!  I can't get over how hot it will get and how large I will be! Yikes!  Luckily there are pools and splash grounds on every corner.  I'm trying to stay positive. Really.

Littleman picked out a cuddle bear for his baby brother.  It was cute watching him decide which would be best (the one with the most blue because "it looks like mine.").

Yesterday I went through all the baby clothes I had saved.  I was under the impression that I had tons and tons...but alas...I must have chucked quite a lot through out the moves.  I had one box and about a third of it was worn and stained beyond re-wearability (in Papabear's opinion).  A good portion of the box was "special" clothes - hand knitted wool sweaters and things that just won't be needed here.  I'm not really concerned about this, just surprised, because I saved so much more.  A Texas baby (born in August) is going to wear only onesies until October for the most part anyway.  I saved all the bassinet and crib sheets, so there's one less worry.  It seems a little early to start all this...but Littleman only has 5 weeks of school left - so I need to really take advantage of those hours when I have the house to myself.

I've really enjoyed this pregnancy up until now.  (Okay, the first three months weren't so great, but they weren't awful, either.)  My back is in agony just about every day.  By the time Papabear gets home from work I can barely stand.  It really stinks.  I feel so bad for Littleman because I am literally incapable of running after/playing with him.  Luckily, he's the kind of kid who's just as happy being tickled to death on the couch or sitting on the floor with a pile of cars or legos.  Also, he has his buddies to run around with and I am grateful for their regular presence in our lives.  The belly belt/band arrived yesterday, but I don't think it's really all that helpful...it's especially uncomfortable to sit when it's on, so I am taking it off all the time.  I've spoken with a lot of friends and most of them confirmed that the pain will go away when the baby is born...so...that's about 4 more months.

Well, I'm glad I got that off my back (ha ha).  Now when you ask me how I'm doing and I say that I'm fine, you'll know that my back is in agony but I'm sick of bitching about it.  I mean, who wants to hear four months of, "Oh, my aching back!"????  No one, not even me. 

Okay....off to enjoy another glorious hormoned-filled day with my Littleman!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment