Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm losing my mind

Everyone knows you CAN'T wear gray pants to the gym or on hot, hot days.  Why?  Well, if you sweat a lot, it's just gross.  I know this.  I have been going to the gym forever and have not donned gray pants since my first membership to a gym ten years ago.  But, for some unfathomable reason, yesterday I chose to wear gray capris to the zoo.  Granted, weather.com said it would 77 and it actually turned out to be 87.  I did not expect it to be that hot.  Needless to say, what ensued was utterly...let's just say humbling.  I went to use the restroom at one point and when I sat down and saw my pants, for a split couple of seconds I was certain my water had broke.  Not a shining moment.  Luckily, I wore a super long t-shirt, so that, along with parking myself behind Littleman's stroller for most of the day, I was okay. 

Anyway, we had a lovely day.  My favorite part was that Littleman insisted on wearing his safari hat and superman cape (yes, LF, D's very one that you passed on to us ages ago).  We did happen upon the elephant exhibit during feeding time and that was pretty cool.  We also saw a hippo sort of "jump" out of the water and snort/honk.  In previous years, I have never seen a hippo do anything except s-l-o-w-l-y surface a minimal amount to get some air and then sink to the bottom of the pool again.  It was actually exciting.  Littleman also really enjoyed the squawking macaws and parrots.  All in all, a very good day at the zoo. 

We ended the day with cheese burgers and fries at Papabear's mom's house.  Littleman played t-ball in her backyard until the sun went down.  (By then my pants had dried.)

Here are some elephants.

The very exciting hippo.

He was moving so fast, I did not get ONE in focus photo of him!  It was windy enough for his cape to "flutter" behind him most of the day.  I'm pretty sure he truly felt superhuman.  His face was glowing.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment