Monday, April 27, 2009

The monstrosity

This is the playset we bought for Littleman and his future brother.  It is in six boxes, currently killing the lawn in our back yard because our original guy said this set was "too difficult" for him to build.  We found a team of guys who literally build five of this exact playset a WEEK!  They cost twice as much and can't get out here until May 13 (three days before Littleman's birthday party, talk about cutting it close).  My only consolation is that these guys will put it together right...and in approximately 4.5 hours. 

I have dreamed of having a swingset for Littleman since he started walking...so spending pretty much every last cent I have on it isn't SO painful.  If I could pay with blood I would.  Parenting sure makes ya nuts. :)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Man, trust me. I feel your pain. I've been wanting something like this for K. We finally bought a kit.. LAST FALL. But we just got the hardware, etc.. not the lumber. So we WERE waiting on someone to help hubby (FIL declined, I was preggo). Now it's money to buy the lumber. Then it'll be blazing hot (and no lumber). Maybe this fall :(That playset looks AWESOME. They will enjoy that for ages :)

    ReplyDelete