Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The skinny

So, I feel like I haven't been posting a lot these days. We've had a birthday party every weekend this month and that seems to make the days slip by even faster.  I'm in the mood to list things, so here goes.

-This baby MOVES - I cannot believe the amount movement I am feeling!  Mostly flutters, lots of them, but I am definitely feeling little kicks as well.  He was especially active during my massage yesterday.

-I bought my belly buddy a onesie yesterday.  It says, "little brother."  Papabear made fun of me for "shopping" already.  "Shopping????"  What a man!  One onesie does NOT constitute shopping.  Still, I really wanted to buy something...just a tiny little something.  I have SO much of Littleman's stuff to go through.  I think I saved EVERYTHING, even stained clothes - which Papabear abhors. 

-I gave Littleman a job.  His job is to find a "cuddle bear" for his little brother.  I will take him shopping soon.  Littleman loves his cuddle bear, so I thought he would enjoy choosing one for our new buddy.

-I feel so huge, so the opposite of skinny.  I dread the coming months of growth. I've gained 10 pounds in 21 weeks...about half of what I should gain in this pregnancy...My back is killing me and the extra weight will only make it worse.  I am still going to the gym, but I'm keeping it low...I am hopeful I can keep the weight gain to a healthy minimum.  I have not found a suitable maternity bathing suit and I will need one SOON.  Ug.

-Littleman started a new preschool a few weeks ago.  He is doing amazing.  I can't believe how adaptable he is.  He made friends quickly and is comfortable there.  I really can't ask for more. They close for the summer, but I am hoping that this positive "introduction" will make September that much easier. 

-Littleman is still taking swim lessons and is quite the little fish.  I hate to brag (NOT), but he really is the best in his class. 

-The swallows outside my office window are building a nest under our porch.  It has been amazing to watch them these past few days.  It looks like their nest is almost done.  Littleman is so excited that there might be a bird family there.  It is fun to have nature "happening" right under our noses...but not fun to have bird poop all over the porch.  Oh well, the price we pay...

-Our medical insurance blows.  I'm just going to leave it at that.

-OH, we bought one of those mega-wooden swing sets on Sunday and tomorrow my yard man is coming to build it!!!!  I canNOT tell you how excited I am to have a playground in my own back yard.  Littleman is beside himself.  All the boxes are in the garage and he keeps asking, "When is Felippe coming to build my playground???"  This cracks Papabear up.

-I'd like to say I'm proud of the "puppy party" we are having for Littleman's b-day (two weeks early b/c we'll be travelling for his actual birthday).  However, he came up with it himself.  We are going to fill paper sandwich bags with dog noses, Scooby Doo (graham cracker) dog bones, and dog ear head bands for favors!  How cute is that???  Okay, we had help from Oriental Trading Co, but still, I think it's going to be pretty adorable.  I was so scared he was going to want a Spiderman party - it seems he is out growing that obsession.  He "likes" Spiderman, has actually suggested we name the baby that, but isn't CRAZY about it anymore.

-Oh, this is just an FYI thing - Papabear and I decided not to get a land line for now, so the one I sent out via email a couple of months ago never got hooked up.  We are a cell phone only family, at least currently.

Well, I think that's enough for now, don't you?  Here's a funny pic Littleman and Papabear sent me.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

  1. Dude... You look amazing... I've seen pictures! Stop being mean to yourself and just take care of that little belly buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me! I need to get a Big Brother and Big Sister shirt for my two. We never got the big brother one last time. I thought for sure someone else would get it so I just didn't, and then no one did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I thought the same thing and that's wh *I* didn't get it! I was certain Nana would have that covered. I need to find a big brother shirt for Littleman...I have seen "littleman" onesies at gymboree...might have to pick one up....

    ReplyDelete